Some ideas I've had:
- prevent users from posting a message identical to the last message posted
- if the same IP posts 3 times in a row, make them wait a 5 minute cool down
- have the banlist reset daily, weekly, or every post (settings entry)
- "badwords" file can block post with badwords
But what about meme threads where are the replies are nothing but the words "black penis?" How about stopping duplicate messages only when that same message has been posted N times in a row, with N configurable in settings?
if we talking about "black penis", we must thinking about meaning, about message, not about dicks
>- if the same IP posts 3 times in a row, make them wait a 5 minute cool down
Can we have a way to override this feature, too?
- ip whitelist
- ip blacklist
- new thread ratelimiting per-user
- new reply ratelimiting per-user
- new thread ratelimiting per-host
- new reply ratelimiting per-host
- public shared "delete" files
- delete import from remote hosts
On the fence about an option for sharing banned IP addresses ... because on the one hand, nothing is stopping an annoyed admin from already sharing banned IP addresses ...
 if 0chan deletes a comment, 52chan can see the suggestion, or blindly follow (52chan admin choice)
Changes to IP whitelist:
- reset every:
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CANT DO A HECCIN SPAMMERINO
Spam isn't free speech
freedom isn't free
whtvr i got abundance ideas in case daddy starts blocking me again he can't escape me i lov his big fat white cock and handsome face
and pink nipples theye my favurit
effin flod deteictor
Limiting how many threads can be created per hour, per board seems like a mistake. If one board is only allowed to make 3 new threads an hour, nothing is stopping an attacker from simply making the 3 posts, effectively locking the board down.
It will be a feature that can be turned on and off. Since most nodes do not have the staffing to moderate 24/7 it would be a temporary solution in case of spam attacks.